Bristol residents who will be 18 years of age or older on election day, and a United States Citizen, may register with the Town Clerk

up to 10 days before any election. You may also register on Election Day at the polling place. Registrants must provide the Town Clerk

proof of qualification including photo identification or social security card and proof of residency (examples include: statement from landlord,

utility bill/receipt, or bank statement.)

Qualified individuals may also register to vote at the polling place on Election Day at all elections. You will be asked to show proof of

age, citizenship, and/or domicile.

There is no minimum period of time you are required to have lived in the state before being allowed to register. You may register as soon

as you move into your new community.

If you meet the state's voter requirements and qualifications and are unable to register in person because of physical disability, religious

beliefs, military service, or because of temporary absence, you may register by mail. You should request an Absentee Registration

Affidavit and a Voter Registration Form from the Town Clerk. The Absentee Registration Affidavit must be witnessed and then both

the affidavit and the voter registration form are to be returned to the Town Clerk.

An armed service voter may apply for an absentee ballot from the Town Clerk. Armed service voters are eligible to vote for all offices.

Absentee ballots are available from the Town Clerk 30 days prior to an election. Request the absentee ballot application from the

clerk or submit a request in writing which should include your name, voting address, mailing address and signature. The Clerk may

accept completed absentee ballots submitted in person until 5 p.m. the day before an election or until 5 p.m. on Election Day if

received through the mail.

When registering to vote, you will not be required to register as a member of a political party (republican or democratic) -- you may

register as an undeclared voter. Undeclared voters may declare a party and vote at any primary. The law allows an undeclared

voter to declare a party at the polls, vote the ballot of that party, and then change their party affiliation back to undeclared simply

by completing the form available from the Supervisors of the Checklist at the polling place.  Voters may also change their party

affiliation at the Town Clerk’s Office.

If you are unsure of your party affiliation, you should contact the Town Clerk’s Office, as they have the records of party membership.